Episode 39 – Seasoned self-builders Paul and Anne Dyer share how they managed to get planning permission in an area with a presumption against development (hint: it took a while), and how they hand built their underground house, leaving only specialist work such as tanking the roof and walls, to specialist trades.
– Wildflower roof design and installation
– Underground structure and what they would differently
– Polished concrete floor disaster
– Heating and ventilation systems
– Tips and advice from decades of experience self-building