More people eligible for grants in NI

The Affordable Warmth grant, which funds energy upgrades in the homes of low income earners, has widened its eligibility criteria.

In this article we cover:

  • Grant amounts available
  • Income threshold increase
  • How to apply
  • How the grant scheme works
  • How to carry out the work
  • Other grants available in NI


Written by Astrid Madsen

Astrid Madsen is the editor of the SelfBuild magazine. She previously held the same role in an Irish trade publication, before that she worked at the National Standards Authority of Ireland. She graduated with a BA in Urban Studies from Columbia University in New York and holds an MBA from the Instituto de Estudios Bursatiles in Madrid. France of origin, she now lives in Portarlington, County Laois, where she's taken on the task of renovating a listed building! Email

Repurposed farm wins architecture award

NI Water funded