Certificates of compliance

To sell, insure or finance your house, you will need certificates of compliance.

This article covers:

  • What a certificate of compliance is
  • What you need certificates of compliance for
  • Difference with warranties and building guarantees
  • How to get a certificate of compliance from Building Control (NI only)
  • How to get a certificate of compliance issued by a consultant
  • What documents you need to keep
  • How to get a retroactive certificate of compliance, e.g. to sell a house

Leslie O'Donnell

Written by Leslie O'Donnell

Les O’Donnell is a Chartered Architectural Technologist and structural engineer with over 30 years’ experience designing and supervising the construction of new builds. His practice, Landmark Designs, is based in Co Tyrone. All of the information contained in the guide is for information purposes only; professional guidance must be sought for your own specific project.

How much does joinery cost?

Planning applications suffer coronavirus delays