Building Control in NI

Building Control is responsible for ensuring that the Building Regulations, a set of construction standards laid down by the UK Parliament, are enforced in your local Council.


Written by Astrid Madsen

Astrid Madsen is the editor of the SelfBuild magazine. She previously held the same role in an Irish trade publication, before that she worked at the National Standards Authority of Ireland. She graduated with a BA in Urban Studies from Columbia University in New York and holds an MBA from the Instituto de Estudios Bursatiles in Madrid. France of origin, she now lives in Portarlington, County Laois, where she's taken on the task of renovating a listed building! Email

Irish Building Regulations

Paying tradesmen cash-in-hand seems widespread in NI