Graeme Taylor’s DIY lockdown project was to build a garden room to hang out in – a hut for barbequing and entertaining.
In this article, Graeme talks about his DIY garden hut project:
- How he designed his garden, 25mx16m in size, with BBQ area, hut, deck and lawn
- Step by step guide of how he built his 6mx4m DIY garden room, from pouring the concrete base to building the timber frame structure with EPDM roof covering
- Adapting the hut design with openings for roof lights, bifold doors, heat lamps, provisions for electricity and rainwater harvesting
- Details of the integrated communication links from house to hut (it allows him to turn the music down remotely…)
- The garden’s planting scheme