Where are build costs heading? We look at the situation in Ireland today, in 2023 with DJ Ramsdale of DJ Build Estimations who tunes in to answer your questions about how much it costs to build in Ireland in 2023, from what method is cheapest to what to expect to pay overall.
- What’s the most cost effective construction method?
- Is a dormer cheaper than a two storey house?
- For an existing house is it more cost effective to demolish and rebuild, or renovate?
- Will material costs and labour costs stabilise? Are prices coming down enough to start a direct labour build or is labour still too expensive?
- What percentage of the budget goes into substructure, superstructure, internal finishes?
- What does a contractor typically need for a tender?
- What kind of house can you build today for €/£150-170k?
- What is the average cost per square metre these days?
- What exactly will the mortgage cover? How far in the build does it get you?
- What is a builder’s finish, what does it cover?