Road openings

You may need to open up the public road to create a new entrance to your site, to connect to services or even to carry out work on your house if it is on a footpath.

Any extensive works that require road openings are subject to the local authority asking that you put in place a bond, which is money put in escrow released back to you when the road has been reinstated to the local authority’s satisfaction. 

Applying for a road opening licencecan delay the conveyancing / planning process and there are costs associated with the application.